Our Board of director in Uganda asked guests today 22 July 2019 on 88.7 Arun Radio, Uganda to discuss Sexual networking among youth on the rise in West Nile! The Guests were Samantha & Alan who were born HIV Positive and advocate for a HIV Free generation. They also carry the crowns for Mr/Miss Youth HIV.
In the beginning of the progamme the host talks about To Love Children mission, our goals and program Healthy and Smart.
Healthy & Smart telling the story of implementation in Bangladesh 2015
The Global Child Host Dr David Kenneth Waldman– HIV/AIDS: Crisis in America for Children
Healthy & Smart HIV/AIDS Prevention Curriculum Program for Youth
was conceived as an education tool to effect change through educating local communities to educate youth
concerning the HIV/AIDS risk, and most importantly, how to prevent infection.
Healthy & Smart is a multi-pronged ‘ABCDEF’ approach to behavioral change to prevent transmission of HIV.
A = Abstinence B = Be Faithful C = Condom D = Drugs, do not take, inject, share needs,
E = Empowerment with life skills F = Financial Independence
"On a trip to Uganda in 2007 I was able to meet young women who contracted HIV/AIDS. I stood there feeling helpless. Soon after I came home and reached out to our Vice President of International Public Health and experts all over the world to develop a Healthy and Smart behaviorial, multidisciplinary and integrated, for youth."
Dr David Kenneth Waldman Founder/President/CEO To Love Children
“Healthy and Smart is a game changer because it is founded on using culturally relevant, interactive teaching approaches and focuses on the holistic skills required to empower and change one’s life.” Margaret E. Meador, MPH, Vice President; International Public Health
Second Edition: Community Preventative Health
The goal of the Healthy & Smart Programme is to support community-based public and global health programmes.
- Healthy & Smart:. Designed to accommodate in a community, , peer-to-peer, or parent to child in formal or informal settings, the programme’s strengths lie in its short, comprehensive chapters and adaptability.
- Healthy & Smart is easy to use, does not require many resources, and can be adapted for use in any, nation, state, or a local community’s need for health education, in any setting, anywhere in the world.
- Integrated and multidisciplinary educational strategy supports New Public Health .
- New Second Edition: Healthy & Smart continues as a work in progress; updates posted on our website reflect the latest research, methods, best practices, and information. Chapter: Leadership and Leadership Core Competencies,
- Alignment with United Nations Governance and Post-2015 Development Framework.
- Healthy & Smart is indispensable learning: for anyone trying to understand the process by which to remain HIV/AIDs free. The editor’s goal was to justify unmistakably the relationship of critical thinking, mental health education, empowerment of girls, use of creativity, and happiness theory for the practitioner and youth to discuss and implement.
The Journal of Global Health Care Systems Vol 3, No 1 (2013)
Collaborative Methodology for Public Managers and NGO Leaders: Implementing Social Change Policy
Article by Dr David Kenneth Waldman and Margaret Meador MPH